Thursday, December 8, 2005

I love to engage in repartee with people who are smarter than I am

I simply don't agree with conservative columnist Ann Coulter. She says "I love to engage in repartee with people who are stupider than I am", but I say "I love to engage in repartee with people who are smarter than I am."

My view is that if you encounter someone who is apparently stupider than you, you have a moral obligation to both try to understand them and to help them understand the error of their ways in a way that doesn't come across as being arrogant, demeaning, or talking down to them.

As far as people who are smarter than I am, and there are many of them, I enjoy hearing what they have to say, disecting the details, engaging them on aspects that might not be obvious, and occasionally discovering aspects that even they haven't fully fathomed. I have yet to meet someone who has really covered all the angles.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home